The rain’s been falling since 5am. I’m in Brick & Mortar staring out into the wet street and dark sky through the floor-to-ceiling glass panes. Dallas Green is singing loud through the speakers and the lights are softly dimmed. This is my cave for today.
And I’m afraid
To sleep because of what haunts me
Such as living with the uncertainty
That I’ll never find the words to say
Which would completely explain
Just how I’m breaking down
To sleep because of what haunts me
Such as living with the uncertainty
That I’ll never find the words to say
Which would completely explain
Just how I’m breaking down
I’ve had a lot of conversations this week about resting in God, and what that looks like in our daily lives. It seems like oftentimes we frantically fill our schedules with ways to use our gifts and chase after God’s plans for us, so much so that we aren’t taking the time to indulge in His peace. We forget that stress is a valid state of mind; that we are allowed to give ourselves breaks and simply feel what it’s like to be loved.
I have some immensely talented friends who love their God and seek Him out daily in the decisions they make. But with talent comes full schedules and added responsibility and determining priorities. When our aim to please God with what He’s given us is outweighed by stress of this world, our lines blur and our judgment gets skewed. We get tired, and we live in uncertainty.
My hope for you this week is this: find time to rest in Him before you feel the break down. Remember what He wants for you and let Him recharge you in His strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment