I should have been born in the South.
shannonicole.tumblr.com
twitter.com/shannonicole

Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12.

It’s day 12 of November Blog Fest, and just about that time of the month when writing everyday is beginning to get really hard.  Finding the time this deserves is difficult in itself, then add in multiple jobs, books I’m trying to read and living in a house of five people, and attempting to form coherent thoughts at the end of the day is not working out very well.
Despite how hard it may be to actually write, part of what I love most about doing this is reading everyone else’s blogs.  I’ve been inspired and encouraged and stimulated by all of you in so many ways.  Today, as I actually considered failing this task for the first time, I read this blog entry by Jessica about To Write Love on Her Arms day, and I couldn’t go without writing at least a thank you. 
To Write Love on Her Arms day is one that TWLOHA supporters formed in order to raise awareness for people they love who are struggling with the issues of depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide.  It’s a time for showing other people they are not alone, that they are cared for and that these issues are real.  As someone who interned for TWLOHA and is close to their cause and the people behind it, this day is always overwhelmingly reassuring of the kindness in this world and redemption stories.  We believe that hope is real and help is possible, and even though talking about these things may be difficult conversations, they are so worth having.  If tonight you are struggling with any of these issues, please know that you are not alone in this.  You are so important and so loved.  I would encourage you to find someone to talk to, and visit the resources listed in the Find Help section at twloha.com. 
Jessica, thank you for being brave and sharing part of your story.  You have a beautiful heart and I am honored to read your words. 

Sending you all my California love from the East coast tonight,
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Shannon. It means a lot to me, I only just recently found out about TWLOHA and was blown away by the story they tell.

    ReplyDelete