I should have been born in the South.
shannonicole.tumblr.com
twitter.com/shannonicole

Monday, November 8, 2010

Grace.


You sang to me a sparrow’s cry that rattled me deep in my frame
Through the valley, deep and wide, the song of mourning came
I dropped to my knees and shouted to you, “Oh love, now what do you fear?”
And as your cries fell silent and still, all I longed for was just to be near
Near to your beauty, your worn wrinkled hands, your eyes of wisdom and grey
To feel the blood flow through your weary heart
And whisper, “It will be ok.”
It will be ok, for I am with you until the very end of days
When this valley is gone and the mountains bow down and the leaves begin to fray
Be brave, my dear, remember to laugh, and always to be kind
Know that you are my beloved whom I will never leave behind
Just then I felt your familiar touch gently brush the side of my face
And you sang to me through broken words,
“My God, thank You for grace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment