It’s been exactly eleven months since the day I flew to Florida to begin my internship with To Write Love on Her Arms. Eleven months since I quit my job, put all of my belongings into a storage unit, and made the decision to give the next 120 days to a small community in Cocoa. Eleven months since I moved into a bungalow with six other girls and started spending nearly every waking minute in a cozy village office. And eleven months since I began a hard journey of finding my worth in my Creator, and learning who I am outside of dating relationships.
I had no idea then that other opportunities would allow me to stay here past my internship— opportunities that didn’t turn out to be what I expected. And I have to believe that that’s okay. I’ve found that in order to live with no regrets, we must find the good in every situation and hold onto that good with everything we have. I am thankful every day that I am living this adventure, despite it being different than the one I laid out for myself. I live in a big Yellow House with three girls and one boy, I work out of an art studio everyday with one of my closest friends, and I have a beautiful church in Orlando to call home. I have no idea what the next six months hold for me, or the months to come after. I just know that for the first time in my life I can accept, and even take delight in, the fact that God is in charge.
And I guess that’s all I ever really needed anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment