More than ever, it seems that my mind and my body are rarely in the same time zone. I’m torn between coasts these days, with the home I grew up in on the left and the home that feels truest on the right. Tonight as I talked to a sweet boy so many states away, I longed for Southern porches and lightning storms while the palm trees outside my California window swayed.
East and west. Mind and body.
I often wonder what my home will look like beyond a year from now. My thoughts run to overseas places and uncomfortable lands, then to small sweet houses and yards where fruit trees stand.
I’m excited for days simpler than these when things start to align. And in the meantime I will find patience in this time of balancing coasts and fall in love with the wonder of where.
I find myself in a similar boat. I keep thinking I'll be moving to Kentucky, but feel that I'll miss California too much, and all of a sudden remember I was born in Illinois. It's strange to think of where I will call home in a year, but at the same point can we really call any of this home?
ReplyDelete