I should have been born in the South.
shannonicole.tumblr.com
twitter.com/shannonicole

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

photo by Mark Biggins

Tonight, this handsome guy told me he’ll be walking off an airplane in Los Angeles on Sunday to see me for an entire week.  Considering the fact that I wasn’t supposed to see him until July in Florida, I think this surprise takes the cake.
Every day, our relationship is writing a story I’ve never known to be true before.  Coming from a broken family, with my own wretched past, and a year spent in a state far from home to realign myself with my Maker, I am finally understanding that we were made for more.  More love, more encouragement, more support, more grace.  And more chances to see God through another one’s eyes.
Ladies, you deserve someone who pursues you, values you, and shows you your worth.  Be encouraged that great does exist, that God knows us better than we know ourselves, and that patience is often the missing key to all of our anxieties and frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment