I should have been born in the South.
shannonicole.tumblr.com
twitter.com/shannonicole

Friday, May 6, 2011

“We’re not here to be settled, we’re here to be sent”

There is an ironically calming anticipation that comes with seeing your desires being carried out in your life; a tangible fulfillment that inhabits every pore in your body with peace. 

Not only can I take a heavy breath of immense relief that someone bigger than all I know is walking me through, but I can revel in the joy of possibilities to come.  Real, true possibilities of futures far from anything I could ever have imagined for myself.  Futures of family and education, tools to equip and help others, encouragement and community, and work for the Kingdom spanning countries and oceans…

I read a quote earlier this morning that said, “We’re not here to be settled, we’re here to be sent”.  I found that when I gave up comforts and threw my plans out the window, it was then God sent me to the exact place I needed to be.

I am coming out of the most fulfilling season of my entire life in Florida.  I start my last year of college next week.  I am one month into a relationship filled with unending encouragement and grace.  And I have fallen into a talented community of immeasurable hearts.

My plea for better paths has become a thankful realization of the ground already beneath my feet.  I cannot wait to see where it leads me next.

3 comments:

  1. Sister I can just taste the blessings of the season you are in. I could feel the joy even in your words, live in this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trusting in God knowing that this is a continue thing: "Real, true possibilities of futures far from anything I could ever have imagined for myself."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We're not settled here, we're called to be sent" this statement is the heart of the gospel and what he the position of being sent the God intended when he formed a people from himself. I pray that your joy will remain even when he calls you to seasons of being sent that involved a ton of obedience. I love the seasons God brings to our lives.

    ReplyDelete